Saturday, August 28, 2010

40 km today.....The fatboys rode into Reims after some fantastic visits at champagne wineries in the heart of the Champagne region. We rode along side canals with pots of flowers on the bridges.  Every view was a picture, every bend in the road brought a picture post card &  we were always made to feel welcome & everyone showed such interest in our adventure. Ukraine, Poland, Czech republic, Germany & France was our playground & as I said at the start," at least we are not being shot at" unlike dad.      Dad actually went all the way to Paris in the jeep and was repatriated back to Glasgow, but the fatboys have commitments back home so we have to end it here.              As my tribute to my father draws to a close ,,Mum, I hope you have enjoyed reading .  I just want to thank the Fatboys, Antony, Nigel, Jon & guest Mark for allowing me to relive Woolf Blint's extraordinary experiences from 1940 to 1945, our mini trip was from L'vov to Reims 1800km by bike and railway was a very special experience. My Dad and I did many great things together over my lifetime on this glorious planet but this journey was by far the greatest..............Dad , when I grow up I want to be just like you ......Ron Blint

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad this trip was good Ron. Sorry I couldn't share in the results after spending time planning with Ant and Nigel down the pub!

    love
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ronnie,
    Your amazing journey has rocketed you to legend status in our family and we can imagine small children of future generations sitting at your feet on a cold Friday night listening in awe to your tales of adventure. A more fitting tribute to a father has never been achieved and Dad would be astonished and full of pride that you wanted to see something of his wartime experiences through his eyes. I know you will cherish the memory of this trip forever and it is certainly an accomplishment of which you can brag about well into your old age. love, Avril

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah lovely!

    Congratulations to you all on this special accomplished mission!

    Much love,
    Katie, George and Jacob
    x x x

    ReplyDelete